Installing SuiteFiles for Outlook on a terminal server
If you're wanting to install the SuiteFiles for Outlook add-on for a terminal server you will need to check a few things:
- Each user needs their permissions upgraded to be an administrator, have the add-in installed then reset their permissions to the previous level
- Click the gear icon in Internet Explorer and go into Internet options
- Under the Security tab click on Custom level...
- Find the option for Scripting > Active Scripting and ensure Enable is selected
- Click OK
With these things in mind you can then install SuiteFiles for Outlook by:
SuiteFiles Outlook is an add-in that allows you to save email and attachments directly from Outlook to SuiteFiles, easily attach files to email and manage email templates.
SuiteFiles Outlook Pre-requisites
The SuiteFiles Outlook add-in is supported on the Windows platform with Outlook 2013 and Outlook 2016.
The Microsoft .NET Framework version 4.6.2 is also required on the computer. If this hasn't been installed this can be downloaded and installed from here.
Installing SuiteFiles Outlook Add-in
You can download the latest installer for SuiteFiles Outlook by logging into your SuiteFiles site, clicking on your name which will display a drop-down menu. Click on download SuiteFiles.. and then the button 'Download' under SuiteFiles for Outlook and it will start automatically.
Once it has finished downloading, you need to:
- Close Outlook if it is open
- Extract the content of the downloaded ZIP file to your computer
- Run the SuiteMail.msi file
- Restart Outlook
- Login to your SuiteFiles account using your SuiteFiles URL and login credentials
NOTE: SuiteFiles Outlook only works in Outlook 2013 and Outlook 2016 running Windows. Microsofts .net framework 4.6.2 or higher needs to be installed for the app to work successfully.