With Template Categories now in our SuiteFiles web app and the new ability to create and organise these yourselves, managing templates has become much easier.
NOTE: You will need to either be a SuiteFiles admin or be given permissions to manage templates to do this.
In This Article:
- Creating new template categories
- Adding templates to categories
- Removing templates from categories
- Deleting template categories
Creating new template categories:
- Go to the manage templates section in SuiteFiles web by clicking the More tab then "Manage Templates"
- Click the plus symbol on the right side of the CATEGORIES title
- Provide your category name in the text field and click the "create" button
Adding Templates to categories:
- In the template manager, click the three dots next to a listed file template,
- Hover the mouse over "Add to category",
- Then click on the category to add the template to and the template will be moved.
Removing templates from categories:
- To remove a template from a category simply follow the above instructions for adding a template to a category except add the template to the default category called "Other"
- Other is simply all templates which aren't assigned to categories
Deleting template categories:
- While in the template manager,
- Right-Click on a template category and click the "delete" button
- Please note that this will also delete the templates in the category, if you don't want to delete the templates then add them to the other category instead.