Creating folder templates
Check out our Video Tutorial:
How to create a folder template:
To save an already created folder structure as a template:
- From within the folder click on the three dots on the right of the folder name
- Click the "Template folder" button to save this folder structure as a folder template.
You can have as many levels of subfolders as you'd like in the folder template and if there are any files in the folders then these will also be saved in the template and created when the template is used.
You can't directly edit folder templates, to change the folder structure you'd need to create a new folder with the new template, make any changes to this folder and then template the new folder structure.
To Delete a folder template:
Providing you have permissions to manage templates or you're a SuiteFiles admin,
- Go to the More tab > Manage Templates
- You can use the Folders filter to only view your folder templates,
- Then for the template you wish to delete, click the three dots on the right-hand side and click Delete