5: SuiteFiles for Accountants
SuiteFiles integrates with Xero apps to provide smooth and productive workflows for accountants and bookkeepers. The integration will allow you to sync your files between the two apps, plus perform functions like prepopulate file and email templates with client data from Xero Practice Manager, Xero, and Xero HQ.
How to set up the integration:
- Connecting SuiteFiles to XPM
- Connecting SuiteFiles to Xero Tax
- Recommended Folder structure for Clients
See what you can do with our Xero integration:
Connecting SuiteFiles to Xero Practice Manager:
To connect your SuiteFiles site with Xero Practice Manager, you will need your Xero Practice Manager administrator to:
- Login to XPM
- Click on 'Business'
- Click on 'Settings'
- Select 'Document Management'
- Click 'Enable' next to the Suite logo
- When prompted, enter your SuiteFiles URL (e.g. https://companyname.sharepoint.com)
- You will be redirected to the Office 365 login page
- Enter your Office 365 credentials
- When prompted, click the 'Trust It' button.
This will set up the integration between SuiteFiles and XPM. Your client folders and documents should now start appearing under 'Clients' in SuiteFiles. Files that you upload into a client folder in SuiteFiles should also start to appear in XPM under the client's documents tab.
Connecting SuiteFiles to Xero Tax:
This integration needs to be set up manually by our support team using your unique key from Xero Tax. To generate this unique key you need to:
- Get an Administrator for Xero Tax to login to your Xero Tax account
- Click 'Business,' followed by 'Settings,' and then 'Add-ons'
- Scroll down to find the Suite logo
- Click Generate Key next to the Suite logo
- Scroll back to the Suite logo - your unique code should now be visible beside it
- Send this key to our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll then set the integration up for you.
Recommended Folder structure for Clients:
The SuiteFiles integration with Xero syncs your client documents between the documents tab in XPM and the corresponding client folder in SuiteFiles. For the integration to work, the following requirements must be met:
- All client folders must be under the top level 'Clients' folder in SuiteFiles
- The client name in XPM and the client folder name in SuiteFiles must match
Some businesses place clients under Groups in XPM. If you do this, the best folder structure to follow in SuiteFiles should be similar to Clients > Client Group Folder > Individual Client Folder.
For more info, read through the step-by-step instructions below.
Xero Practice Manager:
The SuiteFiles integration with XPM allows you to:
Prepopulate merge fields in file and email templates:
- You can insert merge fields into a file or email template.
- When using the template to create a new file,
- you can select a client to prepopulate that file with their information (this is pulled from XPM).
Access and upload documents into SuiteFiles using XPM's interface:
- When in a client in XPM,
- click on the Documents tab to access the folders and files stored
forthis client in SuiteFiles.
- To upload files through here into SuiteFiles,
- either drag and drop a file into the Documents tab or use the upload button.
Create client folders in SuiteFiles when setting up new clients in XPM:
- After creating a new client,
- you will be prompted to create a corresponding client folder in SuiteFiles.
- You can also choose to apply a folder template that you have stored in SuiteFiles
- (NOTE: this function is only available after installing the SuiteFiles Chrome extension).
Print Reports to SuiteFiles - To export a report from blue xero into SuiteFiles:
- Select a report (old reports only)
- Click the 'Export Pdf to SuiteFiles' button
- Use the pop-up window to navigate to the folder you wish to save the report into
- Once in the correct folder, click the 'SELECT FOLDER' button.
- Select your
workpapers andclick on the 'Export Workpapers' drop-down button
- Select either 'Export PDF To SuiteFiles' or 'Export ZIP To SuiteFiles'
- Use the pop-up window to navigate to the folder you want to download these
Creating a new client - After you create a new client in Xero HQ, you will get a prompt asking if you want to create a new client folder in SuiteFiles. You will also have the option to use a folder template.
Renaming a client - When you rename a client in Xero HQ, you will you will get a prompt asking if you want to rename the client folder in SuiteFiles.
Archiving a client - When archiving a client in Xero HQ, you will get a prompt asking if you would like to archive the client folder in SuiteFiles.